Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's A Date!

I am a firm believer in date nights.  Don't get me wrong, I love my son, but I strongly believe that a little time away from him now and then helps me to not only strengthen my relationship with Brett, but to be a better mom when I'm home.  We are very fortunate to have my parents only an hour away and some trustworthy girls in our ward who we feel confidant leaving him with.  We've tried to take advantage of Brett's few days off of work to have some real fun.  Here's a few of the ubber-fun dates we've had the last few months. 
Please note: Most of our dates are no where NEAR this elaborate.

In February my parents took Weston for a day so we could make the 2 hour drive to Flagstaff for some spring skiing.  The sun was shining and the slopes were empty.  It was a GREAT day!
We're looking tough (Kind of!)
LOVE that view!

Several months ago we took advantage of a great deal on a sunset hot air balloon ride.  It was one of our first times leaving Weston, I think he was about 8 weeks old, and it was a great escape.
 Our captain started up the flames...
and we were up, up, and away!
 
 It was very calm and peaceful and we saw quite a different view of Phoenix than we are used to.
 

Most recently, Brett signed us up for an hour-and-a-half pottery class.  Apparently it's something he's always wanted to do. Who knew?!  We made four not-so-impressive pots each, and both ended up covered in clay!

I am so grateful for the quality time Brett and I are able to spend with one another, and even more grateful for a baby who cooperates when he's left behind.  No one wants to babysit a cranky boy!

5 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty sweet dates! I think getting babies used to babysitters early on is a very good thing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you guys! I'm with you about dates being important and am jealous of all the fun things you've been able to do despite the dreaded intern year. Hope things are going well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see pictures of your pots! I surely miss you guys and I wish we were there so Little Boys could go swimming together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RayRayRachel, tell Brett thanks so much for remembering Kevin's birthday. It really meant a lot to him and he said he feels terrible that he doesn't know when Brett's birthday is. Let me know so I can put it on the calendar.

    And I KNOW! Kevin had a very merciful senior today who sent him home early on his birthday! Tra la la la!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you don't even look like you EVER had a baby!

    true that date nights are the thing that keep me going sometimes!

    ReplyDelete