Tuesday, March 31, 2009
#7. Angie: [Answers the door and is surprised to see it's Rob] Do come in. Hello, my name is... Angela. I'm Kate's ... sis-ter. So... we are in the same family. I was just practicing the ancient Japanese art of kar-a-o-ke. *Baby Mama - Paige*
#9. Alfred Bordon (one of two intense magicians): [after showing a little boy how to do a coin trick] Never show anyone. They'll beg you and they'll flatter you for the secret, but as soon as you give it up... you'll be nothing to them. The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything. *The Prestige - Kalie*
#13: Raoul: [singing] You said yourself, he was nothing but a man, yet while he lives, he will haunt us till we're dead. *Phantom of the Opera - Niki and Hilary*
Sunday, March 29, 2009
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies. (I somehow ended up with 16 movies and two TV shows. Oops!)
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (one-liners are best).
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO cheating. If you don't know any of them, that's just too bad.
So, here's some of my most favorite movies (and two TV shows!) in no particular order. Leave your guesses in the comments.
1. My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever. *Pride and Prejudice - Abbie*
2. Yes, I shall go down in history as the man who opened a door! *Ever After - Holly & Abbie*
3. I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity. *A Knight's Tale - Kalie*
4. I ain't dirty! I washed my face and hands before I come, I did. *My Fair Lady - Niki*
5. Rufus, Brint, and Meekus were like brothers to me. And when I say brother, I don't mean, like, an actual brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it. Which is more meaningful, I think. *Zoolander - Niki*
6. No time to talk. Now remember, it's your first day of trainin', so listen to your teacher and no fightin', play nice with the other kids, unless, of course, one of the other kids wanna fight, then you have to kick the other kid's butt. *Mulan - Teri*
7. I was just practicing the ancient Japanese art of kar-a-o-ke.
8. Oh yeah, this is really happening. Oh, and it's your day for dishes! *What Happens in Vegas - Nicole*
9. The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
10. Yeah. It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's "moo." *Friends - Kalie*
11. Please tell me you're not one of Toulouse's oh so talented, charmingly bohemian, tragically impoverished writers? *Moulin Rouge - Niki*
12. I'm sorry I ruined your lives, and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR. *Elf - Kalie*
13. You said yourself, he was nothing but a man, yet while he lives, he will haunt us till we're dead.
14. I own the hotel, and I live there. My life is very much like Monopoly. *Two Weeks Notice - Niki*
15. I need some peace and quiet....or whatever it is people go away for. *The Holiday - Hilary*
16. Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward. *Scrubs - Brian*
17. Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car? *Transformers - Abbie*
18.You can't lose something you never had. *How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - Nicole*
Saturday, March 28, 2009
I'M NOT SO SURE ANYMORE!
Brett and I took a trip to San Diego last weekend to visit some friends, and although we had a TON of fun, we also spent the whole time shivering in our sweatshirts and wishing we brought our COATS! I went thru several cups of hot chocolate, and we both found ourselves taking cover from all the wind and rain.
Two of my girl friends spent this same weekend in Vegas and said the conditions were almost identical there! Meanwhile, Phoenix was a wonderful sunny and warm 80*. So much for my conceived alternatives. Now I'm wondering if there is ANY other place I'll want to go. I'm stumped!!
I guess I'll just keep clicking my Ruby Red Heels together and pray for a miracle!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Most of my colleagues dread this weekend in March when we must spend our time sitting through lectures on oral-systemic relationships, infection control, periodontal instrumentation, and staff productivity. But for me, I get a little glimpse into my never-ending dream.
Do you blame me???!!!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Flat Stanley arrived to our home in Phoenix, Arizona on a sunny winter day. He told us he was from Utah and that his BFF Colby sent him to stay with us for awhile. We were so excited to have a visitor, but it wasn’t long before we realized that Flat Stanley had ulterior motives for his visit.
We woke early the first morning to the sounds of gun shots, fire bombs, and people crying for their lives. We jumped from our bed to see what was going on, only to find Flat Stanley playing our XBOX and drinking a Dr. Pepper.
Flat Stanley knew he was in trouble for staying up so late, so he instantly jumped on the back of our dogs and ran out the doggie door.
We told Flat Stanley that there are tons of fun things to do in Arizona, even during the winter. First, we took him to a local horse show, but Flat Stanley couldn’t restrain himself and soon was riding the horse around the arena.
He didn’t believe us, so we took Flat Stanley Snowboarding.
He had never been before, so we had to hold his hand the whole time, but he got the hang of it by the end of the day. On our drive back home Flat Stanley asked us many questions about Arizona. We talked about boy stuff like dinosaurs, Indians, cacti, and of course the Arizona Cardinals who almost won the Super Bowl. “In fact,” we told him, “we can show you where they play!” We took him to see the stadium, and he thought that was cool. “I bet Colby’s uncle B.J. would love this place.”
That night at dinner we asked Flat Stanley if there was anything else he wanted to do in Arizona, but he shrugged his tiny paper shoulders and said, “No, I don’t think soooooo.” Just then he turned silent, and his eyes grew as large as two golf balls. We knew his little head was scheming something amazing… but we didn’t know just how amazing until the next morning when we discovered that Flat Stanley DISSAPEARED!!!
We looked high and low for him, but to no avail. We could not find him! Rachel decided to check our camera for any clues on his whereabouts, and that’s when we found what we were looking for. Flat Stanley had figured out how to turn our toaster in to a TIME MACHINE!
When we reappeared we were in the time of Princesses and Kings, sword fights and banquets. The Renaissance era! We found Flat Stanley with a group of well-dressed villagers and told him we had to return back to our time.
Whew! What an adventure we had had in only a few days. When he first arrived we told Flat Stanley that Arizona was fun, but he later admitted that he had had no idea how fun it was really going to be. We all decided that it was late and time for bed, so we said goodnight to each other and went to sleep. That night, while lying in bed, we wondered how long Flat Stanley was going to stay with us. He never really said how long he planned on staying. We decided that it didn’t matter; we were having so much fun that he could stay as long as he wanted to. However, it wasn’t long before that changed!
The next morning we found him hiding in a corner of the house holding a picture of Colby. He had big juicy tears on his flat face and his lips were quivering as he looked at us and said “…I miss Colby.”
We knew it was time for Flat Stanley to go home. We told him it was ok for him to go back, but first we had to clean him up. Rachel took Flat Stanley to her office and cleaned his teeth,
and Brett placed a band-aid on the cut he got from his run-in with a saguaro cactus.
Now that he was all patched up he was ready to go home.