Thursday, April 21, 2011

Homage

I purposely have tried NOT to make my blog a shrine to my baby, but I've recently been told by a few different people that I need to post more pics of Weston.  So here you go.  Ask and ye shall receive.  Proof that although I don't post pics of him daily, I still take enough to fill up my 8 GB memory card on a regular basis.

Warning: Below is a RIDICULOUS amount of pics of one little boy.

I can hardly believe it's been 6 1/2 months since this little man took over our lives!
He is such a happy boy and loves to laugh and smile, especially at strangers!
 At Weston's six month checkup he was...
45%ile for weight  -  17 lbs. 3.5 oz.
95%ile for height  -  28.25 in.
50%ile for head  - 17.25 in.
We're thinking he's going to be a TALL boy!
I get asked pretty regularly what color his eyes are.  They are light blue around the edges with a yellow-brown in the middle.  We're still not quite sure how they're going to end up.
Weston is a lover of almost everything...but definitely not grass!  It is a rare occurrence for him to be sitting in the grass without screaming.  We're working on this.
 Weston is DEFINITELY a morning boy.  Seriously, who wakes up this happy?!  Not me.
 He LOVES his baths, but I think it's time to move him to the bathroom tub.  I'm tired of mopping up the entire kitchen after every bath. :)
 I'm also thinking about doing his "swim lessons" in the bath tub now that his free lessons at the pool are over.  Swimming was his favorite time of the whole week!
Weston also LOVES the swings, and would seriously spend the entire day swinging if I wasn't so worried about burning his soft baby skin.
We feel so blessed to have such a sweet little boy in our lives and are so thankful for his healthy happy self.  We love you Weston!

9 comments:

  1. My sweet friend! I miss you so. It's wonderful to see more pictures of your boy on the blog. Let me first say that I love your zebra print bathing suit. Where did you get it? I am in the market for a new summer suit. :D

    Weston is so cute! I absolutely love the picture you took of his feet and of him waking up in the morning. He seems like such a happy little boy. If it makes you feel any better, Isaac doesn't like grass either, but he doesn't cry ... this is probably because at our house "we" don't let the baby "cry." (Read: Kevin.)

    I wish I were there to come swing and have fun times. I just bought a Fisher Price bucket swing to hang from our backyard tree for the little man. We will be spending lots of time out of doors in the shade ... once it stops raining, that is! :)

    Talk to ya soon,

    kalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again...I bought the Fisher Price infant to toddler bucket swing for $25 on Amazon. I'm sure you already have an Amazon Mom account (Hello, diapers!) and you get free 2 day shipping on mommy products. Yay! I'm excited to have Kevin hang it up for Isaac.

    Thanks for the tip on the bathing suit! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why wouldn't you post more pictures of this little guy?? At 6 months they're SO smiley! Love it! Those swim lessons also look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your posts. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Rach I just had the biggest stupid smile on my face looking at these pictures. I'm afraid I've turned into one of those ridiculously proud aunties. Aaaand he even takes after me (his eyes are the same color as mine!) I can't wait to see you guys when I come home from the Y TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that Weston and Brock look a lot alike. I see his pics and it is like I am looking at brock,s face. I think it must be the chubby cheeks and they eye shape. Can't wait to see you in may. P.S: I think it is my turn to come visit the blasers in arizona. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh he is the cutest thing! that smile!! and he totally looks like you, what a little dreamboat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't help but smile to see your cute lil boy but especially to see you so happy with him. You're a good mama. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Post away my friend!! Your little guy has such a sweet smile, love the morning pics and the swim lessons! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete