Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mixed Emotions

Cause for Frustration: In one week the weather has dropped from a warm and sunny 75* to a cold and gloomy 65*! Burr!
Cause for Celebration: In one week the gas price has dropped from $1.89 to $1.69! Hooray!

Cause for Frustration: Because we have been gone, and we leave again in exactly two weeks to head to Utah for Christmas, we are not putting up any decorations this year. :(
Cause for Celebration: My office is completely decked including a Christmas tree with ornaments and lights, a fresh pine wreath, a nativity set, and stockings for all the girls that we each decorated and continually fill for our “Secret Santa.”

Cause for Frustration: I have had this cold and sore throat for almost 4 weeks now and it won't go away!
Cause for Celebration: I have yet to get Brett's stomach flu he got on the way home from our trip. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like we're having a very similar holiday experience. We won't be decorating either since we'll be home in 2 weeks for Christmas. I just got over the nasty flu that is going around and poor Greg has a really bad head cold. The weather is freezing here in Texas (highs in the 40's)! I can definitely share in your frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad no Christmas Decorations! The picture of Brady playing tennis is adorable I have to have a copy. Is Brett feeling better? I think our family is finally back to normal all of us have been sick too! See you in a about a week! Oh, and Brady is still asking "where's Brett"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas is always a bit anticlimatic without the tree and lights. Look at it this way, there won't be anything to put away after New Years.:) Loved your pictures from Cancun - so jealous!

    ReplyDelete