Tuesday, December 9, 2008

M.I.A.

I know I have been M.I.A. from the blogging scene for the last few weeks. The cause: being out of the country for a week without any Internet connection.
Yes, Brett and I were lucky enough to take a trip to Cancun, Mexico with several members of Brett's family. Brett's parents called us a few weeks ago and asked if we were interested in going to Cancun for a week... in a week-and-a-half! With about 10 days notice to our employers, we were both amazingly able to get off a week of work and rotations, so we pulled out our passports and headed for Mexico. It was so beautiful and relaxing, and we had an amazing time. Thanks so much to the Blasers for a wonderful trip!

The beautiful resort

We spent a lot of time relaxing by and swimming at the beach and in the pools. They also had a lazy river and a wavepool that kept us entertained.

While we were there, I finally got scuba certified. Enough of the illegitimate diving! I was able to go diving with Brett, three of my bro-in-laws, and two of my nieces. They boys also went diving in a Cenote: a fresh water cave. They got some amazing pictures and had a blast!

Unfortunately, the night we had planned for a family tennis match was the only time we were rained on! We had a blast playing in the rain anyway!

These odd animals could be found at any time in the trees around the beach. They are called Coatis or Coatimundis and are typically found in South America. Brett and the kids had a good time feeding them bread from the buffet, but I preferred to keep my distance. :)

We had an absolute blast, and are so thankful for the opportunity we had to spend time in paradise with some of the Blaser clan.

6 comments:

  1. How Fun! I haven't been to Cancun in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like and AWESOME trip! I hope you did some relaxing for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. two words-not fair. i can't believe how lucky you two are. it looks like you had so much fun. see you on friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah on your certification!!! Looks like soooo much fun. I will have to put Cancun on my list of places to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip! Was the water freezing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like tons of fun. I love Scuba diving. It is so amazing and relaxing

    ReplyDelete