Thursday, November 19, 2009

I DO NOT Get It

How can people say that they LOVE to run?! That just DOES NOT make sense to me. Yes, after a long run I do feel like I've accomplished something. Yes, I am proud that my body could actually endure that. But, as my lungs are burning, my thighs are throbbing, and my ankle is pulsing, am I having fun??? NO! As I calculate how many miles miles I have left, am I excited for them??? NO! And when I'm finished with my run for the day, do I look forward to the next run??? DEFINITELY NOT! But as the next day comes, I gather up my courage and go run again anyways, because apparently it's good for me.


My most current motivations: prepping for the Turkey Trot... and these new babies I have recently acquired with much persuasion from Brett. They're not cute, but they are the most amazing thing I've ever put my foot in. If you have not been analyzed for a shoe fit, DO IT! I'm amazed at the difference a shoe can make.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree! I would rather do just about anything else than run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that I am not the only one who feels this way. I am constantly reading about how everyone loves to run and I just have to come to the conclusion that I am not a runner. But I do like your shoes they do look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so you're definitely in for the turkey trot? i was going to ask you because almost everyone in my family has bailed, but i still want to and i need to register...

    ReplyDelete