Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth

What do you do when your husbands are about to accomplish something great and your friends are about to move away?  Celebrate with a trip to Disneyland!!  Two weeks ago we were able to take a quick road trip to Disneyland with several of our good friends for one last hurrah before graduation.  It was an exhausting 3 days, but definitely worth the trip.  We had so much fun, and enjoyed the extra time with friends. 

The Whole Group: Kevin and Jill Gardner / John, Mandy, and Maddie Willms / Me and Brett / Hilary, Jeff, and Sophie Gardiner
Jill and I found Aladdin and TRIED to keep our hands off him :)
Brett's favorite thing to do at home AND at Disneyland - shooting aliens
The boys prepare to enter lightspeed
Captain EO - the best part of the WHOLE trip!!  The King of Pop lives on!
I decided to take our waterproof camera on Splash Mountain to capture every second of the thrill.  As you can tell Jill got SOAKED!  The rest of us fared pretty well.  Sorry Jill! :)
Group pic in front of the castle
And they lived happily ever after...
Our baby's first trip to Disneyland!  He rode every ride except Indiana Jones.  I decided that might be a bit too much for him. :)  Yes, I am pushing out to make my belly a little more visible.
The girlys
And the reason for the whole thing...
...we couldn't be more proud of these smart boys!

Thanks again to the Willms, Gardners, and Gardiners for a SUPER fun trip!!!

9 comments:

  1. thanks to YOU blasers!!! that was such a fun trip and i'm so glad we did it!! the reason for the trip makes me sad... :( can't believe 4 years has already gone by and we will all be so spread out soon! we will miss you guys so much! thank goodness for blogging, right? thanks again! and cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun rachel! you look amazing!!! we need to get together soon! it's been tooooo long.

    we're taking q to disney in a couple weeks. any tips for us since there were kids there with you guys?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous. Boyd and I have done the Buzz Lightyear ride several times and I'm just awful at it.
    It's so funny but on Thursday when I took Alyssa shopping at the Layton Hills Mall I ran into Hilary. It was really cool. She recognized Alyssa and Alyssa sort of recognized her. So we stopped and talked for a few minutes. I got to see her baby. It is such a delight for me to meet Kalie's friends. I feel blessed to be a part of such wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe they let you on Splash mountain. Disney wouldn't even let me on the autopia when I was 4 months along with Molly.
    Glad you had a great celebration. It's even funner with kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Dev and I went to Disneyland a few years ago we were on the Buzz Lightyear ride and it broke down with us inside. The track was stuck but the guns were all active. We were in there for about 10 minutes before the ride started again and we all had record breaking scores. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea/trip! Great way to celebrate! Congrats again Brett! Very cute baby bump.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute post! I got kinda teary on the picture with all the boys in graduation caps! I'm so proud of them and love having you as a friend so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to write how cute you look! My little guy Ethan came in as I was looking at your blog and saw the picture of all the girls and asked "are they princesses?" (he's heard from his cousins that princesses live at Disneyland)

    ReplyDelete