Monday, October 18, 2010

The Big Event

Although my actual due date was set for Saturday, October 9th, we had opted to induce early if Baby Blaser was not born by Monday, October 4th, so that Brett's only week off work would not be waisted waiting for his arrival. We had originally scheduled the induction for Monday, but plans were changed when the hospital told us they were full Monday and we would have to schedule it for Tuesday. We scheduled the induction for Tuesday the 5th, so we were TOTALLY caught off guard when Sunday night, October 3rd, we received a phone call at 5:30 pm asking if I wanted to come in at 8:30 pm THAT NIGHT to be induced! AHHH!!! We said yes, packed our bags, and headed to the hospital.

 Because I was already so far progressed upon arrival, they didn't end up starting my induction with Pitocin until 5:00 am Monday morning.  I received my epidural at 6:45, water broke at 8:30, started pushing at 9:50, and Weston was born at 10:17 am! Short and sweet!

Ready to head to the hospital. Sunday, October 3rd - 39 wks and 1 day
We feel so lucky that Brett was able to deliver Weston.  It was an amazing experience for both of us.
Our new family
 Meeting his Uncle Spencer and Grandpa and Grandma Jones
 Ready to head home one day later
 I can not put into words the love I have for this little boy, but I'm sure every mother knows the feeling.  We feel so blessed that the delivery went well and that Weston is completely healthy.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude that my Heavenly Father would bestow such a sweet innocent spirit to me.  We are completely smitten with him.  Our lives are forever changed for the better.

8 comments:

  1. I don't think you are supposed to look absolutely stunning the day you leave the hospital. Your new little family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look on Brett's face when he is holding Weston after the delivery is the reason we invented cameras. I hope you remember that feeling forever because it disappears real fast when you haven't slept for 3 weeks and you realize you have no idea how to be a good parent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! He is adorable! Glad to hear about the smooth delivery!

    And LOVE the name! That is my 6 year olds name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one looks so cute going to the hospital! It's not fair!!! And even leaving the hospital you are amazing.
    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS Rachel- of course he is adorable and you look fabulous (not fair)! I LOVE the name :) I thought about spelling Weston the same way, but we ended up with -en instead and my maiden name was Jones too so we thought about Jones for a middle name also :) I am so happy to hear things went so smoothly- what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is seriously adorable- & how your belly is that flat the day after giving birth- dang you tall Jones genes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic picture of Brett delivering Weston!!

    You are so stinkin' hip! LOL. Definitely doesn't look like you just had a baby. Good for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am seriously the worst friend and have just not been blogging or looking at blogs lately... you just look so cute and tiny in that last preggo pic! i'm completely jealous of how short of a time you pushed for...! but so happy for you at the same time! glad everything went so well for you! he is so so so adorable and i'm sad i can't see him in person right now!! we miss you guys and think about you often!

    ReplyDelete