Wednesday, November 30, 2011

S'more Please!!

When: back in October (yes I realize it's almost December)
What: a S'mores roast!!
Why: mostly because I LOVE Fall and any excuse for a party, but also to quietly celebrate two very important birthday's - Brett's 30th and Weston's 1st

To me, Fall and parties just go together, so when the weather starts to cool, I start to get the party itch!  Since we were celebrating two milestone birthdays this year, I was dying to throw one big combined birthday fall bash.  My unpretentious husband shot that down real quick. :)  Instead, Brett allowed me a low-key s'mores roast to celebrate the fall season, where the only mention of my husband's looming oldness was a vague banner hung in the background.  Good enough for me!

The invite...
The set up...

We munched on...
...s'more popcorn,
 ...s'more pops,
...and s'more goldfish. 
Seriously, what doesn't taste good with a little chocolate, marshmallow, and graham?!

For roasting we had...
...marshmallows: strawberry, toasted coconut, chocolate-vanilla, mint chocolate, regular, and jumbo;
...chocolate: Hershey's, Reese's, and Cookies and Cream;
...and graham crackers: regular and chocolate.
Talk about YUM!!

Then we got our roast on...  :)

Overall, we had about 40 friends and family that came to help us enjoy the beautiful night, great weather, and yummy treats.  Thanks to everyone for such a fun night!  I think I see a new fall tradition brewing.  :)

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great idea. Don't be surprised if I copy you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very, very amazing. I love seeing all the fun projects you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo bummed we missed it!! Looks like such a fun time!! and also...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete