Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We're Now Official Bloggers!

Well...we did it! I finally gave into the constant pressure from friends and family to start a blog. I don't really know why, though! I don't know what to do with these things! Who really wants to read about us? I guess plenty of people, though, because I'm sick of all the harassment. So here it is!

Quick catch up on us...
Brett and I met in Utah at BYU. Brett had been home from his mission in Puerto Rico for almost a year and I was a brand new freshman straight out of high school. :) We actually met before school even started. A friend of mine had a brother who served his mission with Brett. Anyways, we started out as a big group of friends but after a few months, our relationship started to progress to something more. After dating for a few months, Brett thought it would be wise to come to Arizona for Christmas to meet my family. My family didn't even know we were dating, so I'm not quite sure what possessed him to make such a bold move! Regardless, while in Arizona, we took an eventful trip to the sand dunes in Yuma, where I proceeded to crash my quad and re-break my ankle that had previously been broken and repaired with surgery. Long story short, Brett ended up pushing me, in my wheelchair, through the snow around BYU for the semester. I think this is really what solidified our relationship! :) In March Brett proposed, knowing there was no way he could keep me to himself while we were apart all summer, unless we were engaged. We got married in July of '04 and set up our home in Orem. I entered the Dental Hygiene program at UVSC that fall and Brett continued to work on his bachelor's from BYU. We both graduated in April of '06 (on the same day, at the EXACT same time!), and Brett was accepted to start medical school at Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ that fall. I was thoroughly ecstatic to be moving home and out of the snow! We now live in a beautiful home in Peoria, AZ, a few minutes from Brett's school. Brett is done with his first two years of medical school, and has now moved out of the classroom and into the hospital as he starts rotations. I work at a nearby dental office cleaning teeth and visiting with patients that I absolutely adore. We've been married for four years and are loving life (and each other!). We are extremely blessed for everything we have.

Now, instead of trying to blog exactly what we've been up to for the last 4 years, I thought I would just let pictures tell the story. It was hard for me to pick just a few pictures to recount everything (considering I have over 5,000 pictures just from the last 4 years!), so I went through every year and picked several to represent each year. You all know I am a little camera crazy so I had plenty to pick from. Hope this helps catch some of you up that we haven't heard from in a while. For the rest of you, sorry to bore you, but don't worry, I'm sure I'll have new posts soon!


13 comments:

  1. so glad to have you as a new blogger friend. welcome to the blogging world. i think i might be the worst visiting teacher ever. i want to come and visit sometime or maybe do lunch. that is always more fun than home visits. it's a little tricky right now bc holly is due any day now. maybe i will just come by myself or bring someone else. we can't wait around forever you know. i'll try to call you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute together...can you believe a medical student could play so much? way to stay balanced and in good shape. Rachel you are the best wife. I love Brett so much I need to know he is adored..Thanks and love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. rachel! welcome to the blogging world!! i'm glad you finally joined. you two are darling, and i love looking at all your pictures. you guys have been lots of places and done lots of fun things! i will be checking back often, and we need to hang out again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world! I love all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited that you have a blog! You two do a ton of fun things...it was fun to see all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. K you are a natural blogger. It's so fun to look at all your pics, love them all! We certainly need to play sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel-- I am glad you found my blog! Although I have to admit I am a lot jealous of all the fun stuff it looks like you have been doing....cute blog background too! Time does fly and I can barely believe I have two children myself :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks cool guys! Probably the most professional looking blog we've ever seen! (But we must admit, we aren't die-hard blogger experts :)
    The Moffats

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot how ridiculously cute you two are! Fantastic. Sure do miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pic of you making use of numerous sea shells. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember you telling me about the scar on your ankle, but not that whole story... very cute. I am excited to see all your cute pictures on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is crazy! I have been asking Morgan about you! I am so glad you finally have a blog! Now we can share our stories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe all the adventures you two have been on. Can I be your traveling buddy? :) Good for you! Enjoy it now while you don't have to worry about getting babysitters.

    ReplyDelete