Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quick, Easy, and Utterly Delicious


Yesterday, as I was preparing for my primary lesson (I teach the 3 yr. old sunbeams), I realized I did not have anything suitable to bring for a treat. I usually try and bring a little snack for my kids each week because it is nearly impossible for three-year-olds to go three hours without food. I've also found that it helps maintain their attention and my sanity! Now, I normally try and bring something with at least a little nutritional value, but there's not much you can do with an empty pantry on Sunday morning. With only an hour left before it was time to leave, I suddenly remembered a quick, easy recipe that Hilary Gardiner gave me last fall. It's for the most basic, but delicious, pumpkin cookies you've ever had. Just mix a 15 oz. can of pumpkin with a box of Spice Cake cake mix and put it in the oven on 350 for about 10 minutes. That's it! Two ingredients! I think the recipe Hilary gave me also called for chocolate chips, but since I'm not a huge chocolate chip fan, I decided to try white chocolate chips. OMG! They were to die for!! I also made a few plain ones and put cream cheese frosting on them. Also, to die for! Thanks so much Hilary for this quick, easy recipe that saved the day. I think I've eaten almost 30 in just the last two days, but I guess that just means they'll be gone sooner...right?!

3 comments:

  1. YUM! Can't wait to try these. Thanks for the tip, Hilary and Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it amazing that with an empty pantry you still managed to pull out a 15 oz. can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake. Oh, and don't forget the white chocolate chips! I wish I had your empty pantry!

    Just kidding, they really do sound delicious. I can't wait for the fall treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just made those last sunday as well!! haha! i forgot i gave you that recipe, isn't it the best? i always try and have the ingredients on hand just because it's so quick and easy! and low in fat, too! :) i'm glad they turned out, i'm gonna have to try the white choc. chips and cream cheese now too!

    ReplyDelete