Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Surprise

As many of you know, Brett has been in Tucson for the last week doing a rotation in Internal Medicine. Tucson is about 2 1/2 hours away, so we were planning on being apart most of this month. Well, a few days ago Brett's resident gave him a wonderful Halloween surprise...the day off!! Hooray!! Brett came home Thursday afternoon after he was done with work, and got to stay until this morning. I am not fond of going out by myself, so for Halloween I was planning on just staying home and passing out candy to all the cute kids from our neighborhood. With Brett home, however, we decided to attend a costume party some friends had invited us too. Because we had not been planning to go, we didn't have a costume prepared, so we started rummaging through our closets. This is what we came up with.
We went as scarecrows!


Here's some pics with a few friends. Jeff is a sport's guy with an incredible afro, and Hilary makes a very cute cat. Nate was Hugh Hefner and Katie was his pregnant bunny! We also had Princess Leah and Luke Skywalker with baby Yoda (that was hilarious Hill's!), a white trash Joe Dirt couple, Spiderman and Wonderwoman, and a few others. We all had a great time. Thanks so much to the Jensen's and the Hale's for putting everything together. We had a blast!!

P.S. I have decided that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Weird, I know, because I hate scary movies, haunted houses, or anything related to being freaked or grossed out. But what other day do adults get to dress up like total lunatics and act like little kids...and it's considered normal?! Plus, I LOVE all the pumpkin patches and the little babies in their costumes. Happy Halloween!!

3 comments:

  1. You all look very cute! I love getting dressed up for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are great, even if it was last minute stuff. At least you had a costume. We suck and didn't do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to raid my closet next year when you visit. I love you guys, how is the rotation going. Can't wait to see you on the flow rider. Love mom

    ReplyDelete