Monday, November 10, 2008

I've Been "Tagged"


So...I've been tagged by both Amelia and Devin. Thanks girls! :)

First, I have to come up with 7 random things about myself. Easier said than done. Here goes...

1. I have a SEVERE fear of bees. Brett has actually used his "doctor knowledge" and diagnosed me with a PHOBIA of bees; it's called apiphobia. I think the problem is I have never actually been stung by one, and so I have this overbearing, and completely irrational, fear that I am deathly allergic and when I get my first sting I will go into anaphalactic shock and die. I know it's ridiculous, but it overcomes me. Just thinking about bees right now is making my heart race uncontrollably, and soon I'll be hyperventilating. I better move on to the next one!
2. I was a HORRIBLE child. Not just a really bad kid, but I actually almost convinced our neighbors to not have children! My parents tried everything they could short of beating me to stop my screaming fits, but to no avail. Someone had suggested to make a child calm down you can mist them in the face with a water bottle. Of course, this didn't work either. Worn out, my parents decided to take this suggestion to the next level. When I started screaming, they would simply hold me under a very cold shower and wouldn't pull me out until I stopped my tantrum. It didn't hurt me, but it was definitely uncomfortable! It actually worked, and I guess I eventually overcame my severe attitude problems. Don't worry, it's very rare that Brett has to throw me back in there. :)
3. I have E.T. fingers. No, I'm not an extra-terrestrial, but my fingertips turn almost a glowing white when I get too cold. I have what's called Raynaud's disease. Basically, when I get cold my blood vessels constrict and don't allow blood to my extremities: my fingers, toes, nose, and ears. My skin turns white and becomes cold and numb. This is why am so intolerant of the cold. I think it will come as a good excuse when Brett tries to convince me to move back to Utah. Sorry Blasers! :)
4. I was offered several full-ride scholarships (including housing and books) to several different colleges and universities that I did not even apply to, but I turned them all down for a tuition-only scholarship to BYU. I turned that down a year later, when I transferred to UVSC to attend their Dental Hygiene program. Apparently I don't appreciate free money...or I just knew what I wanted. I was graduated from college and licensed as a Dental Hygienist by the time I was 20.
5. I cannot do a single sit up. No, not one! But don't they say it's much more safe and effective to just do crunches instead? I agree with that! :)
6. I recently learned I LOVE onions! I always thought I hated onions, until one day I accidentally got onions on my In-n-out burger. One burger later, I realized I absolutely LOVE them. My new motto: The more onions, the better! Brett's convinced I could eat a whole one like an apple. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking about trying it!
7. Another thing I am paranoid of: being kidnapped and raped. Lovely, huh?! I will not go outside at night by myself if I can avoid it. I always watch the cars behind me when I'm driving to make sure no one is following me. I would not sleep in our house until we got an alarm system. We set it every time we leave, and I set it every night before we go to bed. I always get my keys out of my purse before I leave a store, and I check the cars around mine to make sure they are empty before I walk up to my car. Yes, it's all very ridiculous, but again, I can't help it!

Hopefully, you will all still be my friends after all these weird things you have learned about me. :)


Ok, next tag. The eights.

Eight shows I like to watch:
Lost
House
Prison Break
So You Think You Can Dance
The Soup (Joel McHale is the funniest person on this planet!)
Psych
Chuck
Any show on Discovery HEALTH!
Friends (Still my fav show ever, I own every season on DVD)

Eight Restaurant I like to eat at:
Outback (my absolute fav!)
Cheesecake Factory
Costa Vida
Melting Pot
Paradise Bakery
Cold Stone
In-n-Out
Tia Rosa's, Serranos, Abuelo's, Arriba's, Filiberto's (basically any mexican restaraunt; I could eat Mexican for every meal every day)

Eight things I've done today:
Woke up at 4:00am to bid farewell to Brett as he prepared to drive back to Tucson after a quick trip home
Went back to bed, and then got back up at 9:00. I love sleeping in!
Checked my email
Prepared my lesson for church (yes, the day of...)
Washed my hair (Ask Brett, this is a rare occurrence! :))
Played with my dogs
Went to church
Went to some friends' house for Sunday night games

Eight things I am looking forward to:
My BFF Kim coming this weekend from CA
The Twilight movie
Thanksgiving, YUM!!
Our upcoming trip to Utah for snowboarding, The Nutcracker, reunions with friends, family parties, and of course, CHRISTMAS!
My cute Bro coming home from his mission in good ol' NYC
Summer! (Winter has just barely started and I'm already sick of it!)
Not having to work anymore (Someday...)
For Brett to start making money, instead of paying money, for all these hours he is working so hard

Eight things on my wish list:
Travel the world
ICL(implantable lens) eye surgery...happening soon, hopefully!
To stay living in AZ, or at least somewhere WARM
The 14 day trans-atlantic cruise with a Flowrider (I'm still working on Brett for this one)
Our master room to be decorated (the only room I haven't even started on still)
A Lexus SC430 convertible :) (yeah right!)
To get caught back up with all my scrapbooking
A happy, healthy family someday

Eight people I tag: (Sorry ladies! You can pick either one)
Paige R.
Bridget P.
Christie B.
Bobbie R.
Niki S.
Sommer M.
Nicole R.
Morgan P.

9 comments:

  1. I love the 7 things. You give me MAJOR hope for Addie that maybe someday she will be a lot better and not throw so many tantrums. I should try the cold shower on her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am terrified of being out after dark and always checking for cars following me, I have been followed twice. I took a self defense class a few months ago and want to take another one. This new S.D. class is an all day one day class and supposed to be way better than the one I took. I want to get a big group together to take the class, you should do it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never guessed that you were such an unruly child! You always seemed so mellow in junior high and high school! The cold showers actually seems like a pretty effective and safe way to get a little kids attention, your parents were on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel,
    love the post! I saw that you wanted to know more about my camera, what's your email address? Then I can answer questions a little better. Send an email my way: libbijones@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute post, Rach. And I'm shocked about the bad child thing. You're hiding a lot of personality, I guess!! :) And I have to say that Kevin and I just got turned on to cheesecake factory, and I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with another restaurant again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel. I just have been blog hopping and came across your blog. You guys look so cute and happy. I love reading people's posts when they get tagged. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel
    I am so glad you commented on my blog because I didn't even know you had one. So whats been going on. I am jelous you have been out and working so long as a D.H. and especially in AZ. I graduated in April, moved to NY, then just got back last month. I still haven't worked and obviously know with the belly it might be tough. We are excited though! I love your hair color. I need to go a bit darker but I can't find the right person to do it. anyways, I would love to keep in touch. Hope all is well.christi

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'd love a visit, so come anytime! & I think you still have severe attitude problems... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our dogs hate getting their baths but oh well. They like to go out and play an they always get so dirty because it's been raining/ snowing so that means they get alot of baths.haha. Ya I definately want to get a job after I have the baby. Maybe not full time but up here it's hard to get that anyway so I will try for whatever I can get. I wish I could move to AZ bc I know tons of dentists to work for down there(: Oh well I guess I will have to stick it out in the bad Utah market.

    ReplyDelete