Monday, February 16, 2009

Truly Never a Dull Moment

Brett and I are so blessed that we are able to do so many fun things and have so many fun friends to do them with. My husband knows there is nothing I love more than hanging with friends, or doing something fun and out of the ordinary. Lucky for me, he tries to make both happen as much as possible! Here's what we've been up to lately...

A few weeks ago we made our first visit to The Wildlife World Zoo, which is just a few minutes away from our house. This zoo is much smaller than the downtown Phoenix Zoo, so you are able to get alot closer to the animals. We had a blast and loved getting SLOBBERED by the Giraffes.

If you haven't heard the NBA All-Star Game is in Phoenix this year, and we were lucky enough to get tickets to the NBA Jam Session. We met my parents there and had fun walking around all the events, and even participated a little. We didn't hang around to meet any players or get any autographs, but I did manage a little one-on-one with a fake Steve Nash, and Brett received a "players entrance!"My Dad and I compete in a shoot-out.With my parents and the whole Suns team.

Brett has really gotten into rock climbing lately, and the other day we were able to go with some friends to a local Rock Gym. We got a great workout and had a lot of fun.
P.S. No, it is not snowing inside. Apparently the camera picked up all the chalk that was floating around in the air. I had no idea we were breathing in that much, but now I'm a little grossed out! (FYI, you put chalk on your hands to keep them dry for a better grip.)Climbing inside the Bouldering Cave.What's a trip to the rock gym without a trip down the slide at the end?!

And the real thing! I don't participate in this. This is a "boys only" thing, as far as I'm concerned. I'm content staying at the Rock Gym where I don't get bloody knees or bee stings! :)

7 comments:

  1. You guys are always having so much fun!

    We just recently went to The Wildlife World Zoo also-- it was awesome! My kids loved it way more than the PX Zoo.

    I didn't realize that you lived way out there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys always have so much fun! I like rock climbing indoors too, more safe to me. :) But outdoors is beautiful, just too scary for me.

    The last time we went to that zoo, the turtles were mating and grunting, it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys should come and visit this summer and Preston can take Brett climbing in Yosemite. Preston started climbing 4 years ago, so he will keep Brett safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah brett- come climb with me in yosemite. it's classic!

    preston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at your blog you guys are always doing cool things. My goal is to some day be as adventuresome as you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. brady would have loved the zoo. If we ever make it down there we need to take him there. I hope that day comes sooner than later because I need a vacation, the snow is making me depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rachel, thanks for those random pics of Kalie and Kevin. It's always fun to see them through someone else's eyes.
    I'm glad that you are having so much fun right now. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete