Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Newest Addictions and Obsessions

Isn't there a saying, "Variety is the spice of life?" Well, I guess this means my life doesn't have much flavor. I tend to find things I absolutely love and stick with them. Brett says that I either love something...or I DON'T! So true!!

So in celebration of this, I make a toast to some of my newest obsessions...

*Softball - With my slowpitch team winning 21-1 yesterday, and my fastpitch league starting tomorrow, I just CANNOT get enough softball lately. A glance at all the bruises and scrapes on my legs will confirm this.

*Wholly Guacamole - Can I just say, one of the best food items on this planet. I HATED guacamole until my mom made me try this. Now I'm obsessed. Fortunately you can purchase it in 100 Cal. packs so I don't end up eating the whole box in one sitting.

*Rock Band - You know you're addicted to Rock Band when every party or get-together MUST begin with a session of Rock Band. We even have matching T's for one of our bands! Check Kalie's list to see if you are addicted to Rock Band too.


*Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper - I know I said this was a post about NEW addictions, and everyone knows this is NOT a new addiction for me, but I had to add it simply because... they discontinued it! GASP!!! I'm so upset! They replaced it with Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. I guess I'll have to stock up on Diet Vanilla flavoring to add to it. Or I could just harass Coca Cola until they bring it back. I like the second idea! :)

*Mustard Yellow - I currently own 3 (yes three!) pairs of shoes in this horribly AMAZING color and I can somehow seem to make them work with almost every outfit. That make sense though, since I also own a pair of earrings, 2 necklaces, and an ENDLESS number of shirts in this color. Oh, and did I mention I'm redoing our master bedroom in the color too. Don't worry, it's cuter than it sounds.

*Vacations - Again, not a new obsession, but I put it on the list because they seem to be coming in full force lately. Brett and I have a hard time turning down the chance to go on vacation, so including our trip to CA three weeks ago and my trip to Vegas this weekend, we currently have 9 possible vacations planned for the next few months. These include CA, Vegas, Utah, NYC, Philadelphia, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Zion's NP. Ridiculous, I know!

*My Gym - I know this sounds crazy, but I have very recently become addicted to working out. After a 3 year hiatus I am back at the gym and loving it more than ever. I plan my days around my workouts. I love my new little gym where I now recognize 1/3 of the people, where I know I won't get hit on or starred at, and where I pay only $11 a month!

*Skinny Jeans - I was never a fan, until I tried on a pair for myself. Now I can't stop wearing them. Who would have thought?

*Calcium Chews - In an effort to get me to consume more calcium (I don't drink milk), Brett found me some children's calcium supplements that taste just like Sour Patch Kids. I think I now get 300% of my daily value because I eat them like candy. He might need to put them under lock and key soon.

*The New 2-Story Forever 21 - I never knew that ONE store could put a smile on my face for weeks. I have already spent countless hours here, including standing in line on opening day for 2 hours to get a free gift card, and it's all worth it. It gives me a little glimpse of my beloved NYC shopping.

So...what are YOU currently obsessed with???

7 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm a little obsesses with checking out other people's blogs, especially ones that feature people I know and love. I so enjoy taking a peek into your life and getting a bite of Kevin and Kalie at the same time. Thanks for being such great friends.
    And as for mustard yellow, I may have to be on the lookout because I like to wear yellow. Not many people do because they don't look good in it. I'm sure you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinny jeans are my favorite, I have been pining away for mine ever since I can't fit into them anymore. I can't wait to get back to the gym and wear them again. Also I am so jealous of your vacations planned, just had to tell you. Oh and the other day I was completely craving a diet cherry vanilla dr pepper. I hope that you are drinking enough for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am a little jealous of all your fun vacations coming up! I love to travel but am limited to it because having kids on a trip is no fun!

    We have those calcium chews too, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed the chance to climb with brett on spring break - so i'm pulling you guys come to california and a trip to yosemite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a gym memebership there and rarely go cause I don't have any one to go with. You are my new work out buddy!!! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel! How are you? You are my inspiration to blogging... you're sooo cute! Shucks, too bad we couldn't catch up while you were in Cali, I told Kim I was in her area on Sunday but we couldn't meet up either. Maybe Hawai'i???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that guacamole too! Just had some with our dinner last night & I think I always have a package in our freezer. :)

    ReplyDelete