Friday, April 3, 2009

What were we THINKING

when Kim and I decided that we could actually do a Bikram Yoga class?! (This is no ordinary yoga class. Think one-and-a-half hours of intense yoga poses in a 105* heated sauna room.) I sweated out 5 lbs of water! I almost passed out...twice! What were we THINKING?! We got yelled at for talking, posing incorrectly, and forgetting to bring mats. It made me so sore, I could barely move for days after. What were we THINKING?!
And now, even as I write this, I'm ACTUALLY contemplating finding a Bikram Yoga studio here in Arizona. Seriously, WHAT AM I THINKING?!

(Also, what am I thinking posting these HORRIBLE pictures of myself?)

5 comments:

  1. Kalie's grandma who is 72 just took up yoga and she loves it! She has gained so much strength from going every day.
    I did a class with Kalie when she lived in St. George and couldn't believe the contortions they were asking us to put our body into. Hmm. Maybe I'll go for a run.
    By the way, I'm a total failure as far as your movie quotes. I didn't recognize any of them. AND I only knew one of Kalie's, quite simply because we are obsessed with Alias and have the entire series, which we watch regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am impressed, I need to get into that once the baby is out. I am so out of shape. If you are bored tomorrow during priesthood you are welcome to come and play if you don't already have plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is funny! ive heard those classes are intense. so when is brett coming up here. i want to have it all set up for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi friend. my friend julie does bikram, and there are a few girls in the ward who do it too. i will ask around for you. i'm more of an ashtanga style yoga practioner myself. way to be! and btw, those are some srsly HOT pictures...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Rachel I am really impressed! I've heard about these so called "yoga" classes and I'm not about to try one! WAY too intense for me :)

    ReplyDelete