Monday, July 13, 2009

Called To Serve

Thursday was a GREAT day! ON THE SAME DAY, my brother Garrett came home from his mission, and my brother Spencer received his mission call! Spencer's call arrived in the mail about 15 minutes before we left to pick Garrett up from the airport.


Garrett arrived home after faithfully serving the people of Manhattan, Harlem, and the Bronx for two years in the New York, New York North Spanish-speaking mission.


We are SOOOOO excited to have him back home!

His first requests after getting home: In-n-Out and a trip to Roosevelt Lake.


Garrett and Spencer share a little GAY brotherly love. I think they're happy to see each other!

The girls of the fam. Me, my sister, and my mom.


That night we had about 75 people over to my parents home to welcome home Garrett and to watch Spencer open his mission call.
Spencer will be serving...


...in the Puebla, Mexico mission reporting November 11th and speaking Spanish!
We are SOOOOO excited for him!

I'm so grateful for my two wonderful brothers who love the Lord and are great examples to me!

8 comments:

  1. aaah i LOVE seeing pictures of missionaries coming home! i'm so excited to see garrett and all of you in 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute family!!!! i bet that was so fun to be all together

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have that happen on the same day. I bet you were tired after all that emotion! Congrats to both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rachel!
    thanks for your sweet comments! looks like you have been busy busy. I think you have done more in the last few months than I have done in years! you look great by the way. and congrats on your two awesome brothers... are younger siblings allowed to grow up so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good day you had! How exciting to have your brother back... loved that picture of the both of you hugging, I hope one day my kiddos will be doing that same thing... :)

    YAY for your brother going to Mexico! He'll love the food!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun missionary love! isn't it the best? can't wait to be all together as a family like that again. seeing your parents made me happy! it's been TOO long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My neighbor's son just got home from Puebla, Mexico mission in May. He loved it. Just FYI, lots of native companions are coming his way. He'll probably really, really get the Spanish language down well.
    Having a missionary son or brother out is such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your brothers homecoming and mission call.

    ReplyDelete