Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm Getting Implants!

No, not THAT kind of implants! (Although considering my recent Feel Great in Eight results it might not be a bad idea!) :) I'm getting ICLs or Implantable Contact Lenses! ICL's are lenses that are implanted behind your iris and in front of your eye's natural lens to correct poor vision. They are an alternative for people whose prescriptions are too strong to be corrected by Lasik, i.e. ME! Today I went in for all my pre-surgical measurements and to get microscopic holes lasered thru my eyes so that the fluid can pass back and forth between the layers of my eye for the next two weeks. Sounds like fun huh? And in two weeks from this Friday I will be contact and glasses free FOREVER MORE!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

9 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! You have hated your glasses/contact situation since I've known you (which is a long time). Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I had Lasik 4 years ago and the freedom is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUCKY! I'm so jealous! How expensive is that compared to Lasik? I'm gonna have to look into doing that, for real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT IS SCARY! be soooo careful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats! Sounds like a very interesting procedure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so jealous!!! i wonder if this could be an option for me? i've never heard of it. i just know i can't get lasik! i'm going to look in to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have that done too. Let m e know how it goes. Let me know if you need anything? How is the Recovery?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm SOOO very jealous of you. but also excited for you! i hope it all goes well! good luck!

    ReplyDelete