Friday, August 14, 2009

Our New Alarm Clock

Can it already be that time of year again?! With the start up of the schools, comes this...






Every day around 5:00 am and 7:00 pm, we get the JOY (note the hint of sarcasm) of listening to the melodious thunder of the Sunrise Mountain High School marching band as they blare away from the practice field that happens to be across the street from our house. With the lack of sleep they're causing me and the odd hours at which they're practicing, I'm just wondering, do band kids ever sleep?!

9 comments:

  1. To me hearing that reminds me of home. I grew up right next to our high school and the sound of the band practicing was a very common thing to wake up to. You do get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I am so sorry for your rude awakening each morning, but I the fact that you wake up to high schoo band is kind of hilarious!I had no idea band kids had such intense practice sessions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me laugh cause i can just picture you and brett in bed going... seriously them... agian?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm. I am not sure, but I think that IS worse than the landscape guys who wake me up with leaf blowers on Saturday morning. ACK!! When should we play??

    ReplyDelete
  5. earlene about had a heart attack when brett showed up at the house. What a great suprise, but I miss you! Thanks for letting him come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel! Thanks for commenting on my blog, it's so fun to find friends. I love seeing your life.. looks like so much fun. Hope all is well. Good luck with that new alarm clock :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rach! Oh my goodness I am so glad you found me! You look so beautiful and you look so happy. I am so pleased. How are you? We must catch up. So many good memories of you! Oh i'm just so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl i didnt even get to see your hubby. i was in bearlake... i was so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky for you we have soooo many band kids in our ward you can just ask them if they ever sleep haha

    ReplyDelete