Monday, September 14, 2009

The Results are In...

...and I can see!!!!

That's right. I had my surgery Friday afternoon, and on Saturday morning when I went in for a follow up I could see 20/15 using both eyes!!!! With NO CONTACTS!!! I can't even believe it's true. I keep trying to take my contacts out! My eyesight is supposed to continue to improve over the next few weeks as well! Although I probably could have bought a car instead, I think this was possibly the best investment I've EVER made! I would recommend ICL's to everyone, especially if you cannot get lasik. The surgery went well, and although there were a few scary moments, everything turned out GREAT! Thanks SOOOOOOOO much to my wonderful doctor who gave me something I never thought possible!


*Waiting for my Valium and E-N-D-L-E-S-S amounts of numbing, cleansing, dilating, and sedating eye drops to kick in, before they take me into the O.R. for surgery.*

7 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, I am so excited for you and jealous at the same time! Would love to wake up one time and open my eyes and just be able to see. My goal is to get my eyes done in the next couple of years. We will most likely be in San Antonio, TX but we will know for sure in Dec. Are you guys still trying to stay in AZ? Did I say how cool you are? I just had to tell you that again, maybe someday I will be as cool as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am going to seriously look in to this when we get back. did your insurance cover it? i'm sure you have bomb insurance thanks to brett though.......

    i'm so jealous. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best decision I ever made was to have lasik. I actually knew that Brett and Colin knew each other. I kept meaning to talk to you about it. We have got to get together next time we are all in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horray for sight! I am so excited for you. When BJ got lasix and he woke up the next morning it was like a miracle had occured. Are you guys still coming to cali?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!!! i'm so happy for you! that is so so awesome! i bet you are loving life! i can't wait for the day when i will no longer have to wear contacts, either! someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to joining the group of people in the world that don't need glasses. My brother had lasik done and loves it and my friend had lasik with a close-up and far-away eye. So she can read up close and see far away.
    I'm not needing glasses yet unless I am tracing ceph x-rays for the orthodontist I work for. Then I can't see the lines clearly and I have to wear reading glasses. :( They totally give me a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so so jealous Rachel! I am probably also can't do lasik because my eyes are so horrible, but have never gotten it checked out....was it tons more expensive than Lasik?

    ReplyDelete