Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lazy Day

My INTENDED plans for my day off today:
Pick up the house
Put away our luggage from our weekend trip to UT
Deep clean the kitchen and family room
Finish all the laundry
Fertilize the palm trees
Prune the oleander bushes
Go grocery shopping

What I ACTUALLY did today:
Slept in until 10:00 am
Surfed the internet for 2 hours
Ate breakfast at noon
Laid out in the back yard for 3 hours engrossed in "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins
Got dressed at 5:00 pm
Went grocery shopping
Played in my softball game

So much for being productive!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Everyone needs days like these sometimes... Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the perfect day off to me! Glad you read and tanned. Nothing so good!

    And as to the orange question ... *SIGH* It is pitiful, I know. I wish I could blame it on the rind or the way my fingers turn white. But the real reason? I'm lazy and my hus will do it for me. When he's not there, I don't even peel it. I either a) cut the orange into quarters and eat it that way or b) eat an apple instead.

    But it's like the trash. I have probably only taken on the trash 10 times in the last year or so. My man spoils me. It's baaaaaaad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for lazy days! And hooray for Catching Fire! I love those books and can't wait for the third.
    Well done:)

    ReplyDelete