Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family, Friends, and Fake Nails

I must start by saying that I LOVE my in-laws (all 38 of them!), and I am SO SO blessed to be part of such a wonderful family! 

That being said, since most of the Blaser clan resides in Utah, we don't get to see them as often as we'd like.  To remedy this, a few weeks ago Weston and I took a quick trip to Utah to soak up some much needed family time. (Yes, Weston and I went to visit Brett's family without Brett.  He was working.  What's new?)  

Our few action-packed days included a trip to Logan to visit Brett's aunt, a trip to Provo to see my brother and sister, an evening spent with our wonderful friends the Chamberlains, and an all-girl Valentine's spa party.  SO much fun for only a few days!

After an hour's drive to see my bro and sis at BYU, these are the dumb faces they give me.  Wouldn't have it any other way!  LOVE THEM!  :)

The Blaser all-girl party was absolutely uh-mazing, complete with delicious food, acrylic nail manicures, eyebrow waxing, and lots of chit chat. 
My sis-in-law Bridget prepared all the food and decorations for the party as a project for a local news show.  Didn't she do a great job?!
Thanks so much to my mom-in-laws friend who ended up doing TWELVE sets of nails!  Whew!
All the meanwhile, Weston and Jaxon enjoyed crashing their first ever "girls only" party.
They weren't that impressed. :)
And of course, we had to get a pic with Christie, Bridget, and I all sporting our animal print.  Totally not planned, but oh so rad!

Weston and I had such a fun time seeing so many friends and family in such a short time, and hopefully next time we'll get to see those we missed.  Thanks so much to the Blasers for being such great hosts.  We can't wait to see you again soon!  Hint hint.  :)

3 comments:

  1. What a fun way to celebrate Valentine's day! Weston is cuter than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! What an awesome family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture made me lol... literally. I love that we can't take a single picture in our family without someone making a stupid face or a weird pose:] Come visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete