Monday, January 5, 2009

A Christmas Catch-up (Part 1)

Somehow again, I find myself with several weeks of blogging catch-up to do. I think that the holidays and blogging just don't go well together. They each take up way too much time! But now the holidays are over, and I can resume my normal blogging activity. I guess I have alot to catch up on, so only read on if you are actually REALLY interested in what we've been up to, because warning: there's ALOT. Three posts worth, I think! So...

Christmas in Utah
Believe it or not, this was the first year in our 5 Christmases together that Brett and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning in Utah! The past few years we have spent Christmas Eve and morning with my family here in AZ, and then flown to Utah for Christmas evening with the Blasers. It was so much fun to be in Utah this year for Christmas morning to watch all the little nieces and nephews open their presents and scream in excitement. Brett and I even got to help act as "Santa" and put out some of the kids presents and stockings!
Christmas Eve, we re-enacted the Nativity with an all-star cast! Brett was one of the 3 wisemen, and I was the angel (perfect for me, huh?! :)). Our performance probably turned out a little sacrilegious, but we had fun and were able to remember the true meaning of Christmas.Our Full Cast: Mary and Joseph, the three wisemen, the angel, the inn keeper, a shepherd, a sheep, and a donkey.

While in Utah, we were hit with several blizzards, which didn't make me very happy, but did provide for some great snowboarding and sledding (see one of my other posts below for more info on our CRAZY sledding adventures!). With our friends Chris and Nicole. Yes, we actually snowboarded all day in this! It was snowing like CRAZY and FREEZING cold all day long, but the powder was several feet deep and the slopes were empty, so I guess it ended up being a great day.

One of the best parts of Christmas: we were able to talk to my brother Garrett who is serving his mission in New York City. I was nervous we would not be able to talk to him because we were not in AZ, but fortunately my family was able to put us on a 3-way call, so we could all chat at once. It was so fun to hear his voice again, and I can't wait till he comes home in July.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had so much fun! Sorry that we just missed each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to spend some time in one place for Christmas! And that's cool that you still got to talk to your brother!

    I'm so jealous of the indoor surfing! I wish they had one of those here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is SO cute! We had some performances too with the nieces and nephews but you guys look professional! Looks like you had awesome snowboarding weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME sledding videos! Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas break up here and I'm sorry we missed hanging out with you guys. Have a great semester Brett!

    ReplyDelete