Monday, January 5, 2009

Sledding Madness!! (Christmas - Part 3)

Because there was so much miserable snow in UT, we decided we should try to enjoy it and go sledding. The first day we went, we took some of the kids to a hill at the local elementary school. We had alot of fun and everything went well. Brett did successfully attempt snowboarding down the hill on the sled, but that was the most outrageous occurrence of the day. Our next sledding day was not so ordinary! We decided to get the whole family together for a large sledding day down the side of Brett's parent's house. The night before, Brett thought he would go outside and groom a path, and in the process, decided to create a jump. The jump started out fairly small, but as the family got together and the boys started gaining confidence, it slowly grew larger and larger. Brett was on constant jump maintenance. Eventually we were jumping over 5 adults and clearing them by 5-10 feet! Brett even did a barrel roll...and landed it! Fortunately Brett had spent alot of time grooming the landing and perfecting the angles, so no one got hurt. It was an absolute blast and Brett is already planning his course for next year. I am worried! :)


Can you believe no one got hurt after all that?! I can't!!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I was totally expecting someone to end up in the hospital by the end of your post. It's crazy I am from Ogden but we haven't tried the ifly yet. We'll have to do that some time. Love the Nativity, Lizzie was an angel this year too.
    Let's play this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BJ is still talking about the jump. I have a feeling he is going to end up in the hospital before this winter is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one thing the snow is good for - sledding. I am not a huge fan, and am looking to move somewhere warmer one day. I am glad you had fun despite the frozenness. (I am a friend of Brett's from HS.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I love how you refer to the snow... I feel the same way! YAY for warm(er) Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO MUCH SNOW!!! I'm glad you made the best of it and had so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete