Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Recent Attempts at Craftiness

For Christmas, I decided to make my missionary brother a scrapbook of our family. There's not many things you are allowed to send to missionaries for the holidays, but family pictures are always welcome. It sounded like a great idea back in early November, but needless to say, I am a procrastinator and did not finish the project by Christmas. Somehow, I don't think my brother will mind. This is what I've been spending all my time on.



All the scrapbooking got my creative side going, and I felt like doing something else fun. I saw a few decorated candles somewhere, so I decided to dress up some of my own. The finished product...

9 comments:

  1. those candles are so cute. i am totally with you on the loving this weather and this state right now. it's good we document this love so that in july when we are cursing this place we will rememeber there is some good from it. lets not think about such dreary times and just soak this perfect weather all up while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am always impressed at how artistic you are. I also am loving this weather, my family keeps asking if they can come play because it is still freezing and snowing back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book is amazing. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scrapbook is adorable! What a great idea!

    LOVE the candles too! Is that just scrapbook paper around them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scrapbook idea. Did you create that shape or did you buy it? I am a scrapbooking wannabee........I do it but have very little creativity. I have to ask Kalie to help me with decorations when she comes to visit, or I just plagarize from someone's else's pictures.
    Whatever works, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative, I love the candles! I'm sure your brother will appreciate the album, it is VERY cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you, getting all crafty! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's all fun and games till they catch fire!! lol

    ReplyDelete