Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dorothy Was Right

There's no place like home. A few weeks ago as I was stating how much I love Arizona, Brett reminded me (actually, informed me) that there is a great possibility that he will not get his residency in AZ and we will have to move away. I guess I knew this was a possibility from the beginning, but for some reason I never thought it would happen. I thought we'd be here forever. After several hours of moping around, I concluded that as long as we stayed somewhere close and warm, I would be ok with other options. I could do California or Vegas.

I'M NOT SO SURE ANYMORE!

Brett and I took a trip to San Diego last weekend to visit some friends, and although we had a TON of fun, we also spent the whole time shivering in our sweatshirts and wishing we brought our COATS! I went thru several cups of hot chocolate, and we both found ourselves taking cover from all the wind and rain.
Two of my girl friends spent this same weekend in Vegas and said the conditions were almost identical there! Meanwhile, Phoenix was a wonderful sunny and warm 80*. So much for my conceived alternatives. Now I'm wondering if there is ANY other place I'll want to go. I'm stumped!!
I guess I'll just keep clicking my Ruby Red Heels together and pray for a miracle!

6 comments:

  1. Come to Fresno! Seriously, is supposed to be in the high 70s all week, which is normal for us. I think we have a teaching hospital...but my mommy fried brain may be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, come to Vegas! That weekend was the EXCEPTION. I promise...I've actually started complaining that it's hot 'cause it's been in the mid 80s around here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friend, I'm srsly all about the couple match. I don't think I can deal with life without you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dreading moving! After living in Utah my whole life, and then here, I don't think I could EVER live in the snow again.
    What does brett want to do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny. You and Nicole are identical with your needing the warm sunshine stuff. I HATE the cold (what the heck am I doing moving to Utah?), but I HATE the summers in Arizona too. I swear California is a good balance, but it costs a fortune to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't care if you both are cold we all selfishly want you in utah. I will buy you the warmest coats availible if you end up here.

    ReplyDelete