Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Change of Scenery

I'm not sure why, but I've always had a desire to be a New York business woman: to live in a dowtown condo 20 stories up, dress in cute business clothes, hail taxis, take the subway, and search for the sky through a sea of high-rises. This explains why I LOVE the annual Western Regional Dental Convention.

Most of my colleagues dread this weekend in March when we must spend our time sitting through lectures on oral-systemic relationships, infection control, periodontal instrumentation, and staff productivity. But for me, I get a little glimpse into my never-ending dream.


Instead of putting on these in the morning...

I get to put on these...

and these.


I get to take this (the Light Rail - kinda like the Subway, right?!) ...
instead of this...


to here (Downtown Phoenix - I just LOVE all these tall buildings!) ...
instead of here.



I get to associate with these kind of people...

instead of these.



Do you blame me???!!!

10 comments:

  1. Love it! I can totally picture you in NY. Are those clothes from your closet, I love them. Not so much that picture of the teeth. Hope you had fun, thanks for having us over last weekend it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I had 2 kids and my body kinda changed, I used to want to dress like that. Now, I dread putting on skinny jeans and wish for the day that I can go back to wearing scrubs. I mean, come on, do you think I could pull off a cute outfit like that with spit up running down the front? I don't think so! :) You're just always cute and if you're cute when you have kids, I'll be soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those clothes are very cute and yes, those tooth are very gross. It's amazing that the mouth can be so gross. ewwwwww
    But that's what you're there for right? To make it all better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we share the same dream, my friend. too bad you couldn't have come with me to nyc! i just got back this morning and it was so wonderful!! i'm so sad it's over, it went too fast! have fun dressing up at your convention, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a disgusting picture! It really makes me sick. I hope you have fun! You always dress so cute, I love your style. :)

    Brynlee was looking at your blog the other day with me because she was talking about your little dog. I told her that you now have another dog as a playmate for the first and she wanted to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh those teeth are disgusting! I actually got my teeth cleaned this morning and I thought of you. Have you ever actually cleaned someone's teeth like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeew! Please don't tell me that you have to look at teeth like that! It makes swollen gums and dirty braces look mild.
    I love NY as well. I'm not so good at wearing the great clothes, I just can't always figure out how to put things together but I love the excitement of a big city for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kalie, believe it or not, I actually see teeth like that once every few weeks! You TOTALLY want my job now, don't you?!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my i forgot... noooooooooo my fav brother will have my town home to his self... dang it!!! when is he coming up

    ReplyDelete