Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Movie Quote Quiz!

My friend Kalie did this on her blog and it was alot of fun...so I copied her!

The Rules
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies. (I somehow ended up with 16 movies and two TV shows. Oops!)
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (one-liners are best).
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO cheating. If you don't know any of them, that's just too bad.


So, here's some of my most favorite movies (and two TV shows!) in no particular order. Leave your guesses in the comments.

1. My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever. *Pride and Prejudice - Abbie*
2. Yes, I shall go down in history as the man who opened a door! *Ever After - Holly & Abbie*
3. I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity. *A Knight's Tale - Kalie*
4. I ain't dirty! I washed my face and hands before I come, I did. *My Fair Lady - Niki*
5. Rufus, Brint, and Meekus were like brothers to me. And when I say brother, I don't mean, like, an actual brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it. Which is more meaningful, I think. *Zoolander - Niki*
6. No time to talk. Now remember, it's your first day of trainin', so listen to your teacher and no fightin', play nice with the other kids, unless, of course, one of the other kids wanna fight, then you have to kick the other kid's butt. *Mulan - Teri*
7. I was just practicing the ancient Japanese art of kar-a-o-ke.
8. Oh yeah, this is really happening. Oh, and it's your day for dishes! *What Happens in Vegas - Nicole*
9. The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
10. Yeah. It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's "moo." *Friends - Kalie*
11. Please tell me you're not one of Toulouse's oh so talented, charmingly bohemian, tragically impoverished writers? *Moulin Rouge - Niki*
12. I'm sorry I ruined your lives, and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR. *Elf - Kalie*
13. You said yourself, he was nothing but a man, yet while he lives, he will haunt us till we're dead.
14. I own the hotel, and I live there. My life is very much like Monopoly. *Two Weeks Notice - Niki*
15. I need some peace and quiet....or whatever it is people go away for. *The Holiday - Hilary*
16. Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward. *Scrubs - Brian*
17. Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car? *Transformers - Abbie*
18.You can't lose something you never had. *How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - Nicole*

10 comments:

  1. I have a couple of them, if Brian were here I could probably have a few more, but I am usually really bad at this kind of thing.
    4. My Fair Lady
    5. Zoolander
    11. Moulin Rouge
    14. Two Weeks Notice
    Love all these movies you have some good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangit, that drives me crazy. I totally know the last three but can't think of the names. Dumb!!! Anyway, the one close to the top is Ever After.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I'm pretty sure of at least these ones .... good shows all around!!
    1. Pride and Prejudice
    2. Ever After
    17. Transformers

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3: Knight's Tale-Chaucer
    #11: Elf-Buddy the Elf
    I am still thinking about a few others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last one is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I could watch that every day! And number 8 is What Happens in Vegas-- I love that too. We need to hang ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just gonna say also that the "moo" line sounds like something from Friends. And I know you're a huge Friends fan. So there's one more guess for today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only know one that hasn't been guessed. It is 6: Mulan. this was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. first of all, you're in trouble for not calling me about forever 21! i'm slightly kidding... and glad you had fun! i heart that store and can't believe they handed out all those gift cards! and is number 15 the holiday? this is a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brian had a guess that number 16 is Scrubs, is he right? It's probably one of his favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MAN! I suck! I don't know any of them!

    ReplyDelete