Monday, March 15, 2010

Enjoying the AZ "Winter"

I don't think there is a more beautiful place on earth this time of year than good 'ol AZ.  As a result of the wonderful weather, we've been trying to spend as much time outside as possible, even if this sometimes just involves pulling weeds and pruning bushes.  Fortunately we've also found several fun ways to pass the time in the sun. 

We spent a fun afternoon at one of the ELEVEN Major League Baseball spring training stadiums here in the valley for some close-up baseball action. 
Some highlights:
 - Free tix courtesy of the Chamberlains
 - Watching the little boy next to us cheer on his dad (Milwaukee Brewers RF #1 Corey Hart) after he hit a home run
 - Delicious frozen strawberry lemonade
 - The random guy who asked me to hold his beer WHILE he took our pic.  I thought that might look a little suspicious, so the beer is strategically placed right behind my back.

We also spent an afternoon/evening hiking Greenway Park, one of the many preserved hills that exist in the middle of Phoenix. 
Some highlights:
 - Enjoying a picnic dinner once we reached the top
 - The beautiful bird's eye view of Phoenix
 - A cool breeze and warm sun
 - The unnatural "greenness" that all the recent rain has provided

Gotta love 70 degree winters!

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. Way to enjoy LIFE in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) We had so much fun. But what about that other picture we took? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just waiting for a post about the smell of orange blossoms and then I'm going to be SO JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize the ugly cactus picture. But to me Arizona is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete