Tuesday, March 2, 2010

$$ Wheeler-Dealer $$

Can I just say, I LOVE my wheeler-dealer of a husband!

One of the things I love about Brett is he is such a schmoozer and is always looking for a "smokin' deal."  (Seriously, that's what he calls them!)  Brett had previously decided that since we have HD tv's and a Blu-Ray DVD player, we needed to upgrade our tv service to HD too, but I had thought this was unnecessary.  Well, a few weeks ago we got a flyer for Dish Network taped to our front door that gave Brett an idea.  After seeing the ad, Brett decided to call DirectTV (who we get our tv service thru) and threaten to switch services even though we are actually completely satisfied with our service.  They transferred Brett to their manager and over the space of a few minutes Brett was able to finagle for all the HD tv channels, a second DVR unit for our bedroom that records in HD, and 2 months of all the premium movie channels, for $15 less a month than we were paying before.  Yes, you heard that right!  $15 LESS a month!  I don't know how that boy does it, but he always seems to get the great deals.

10 comments:

  1. You should call COX that is where my hubby works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! that sounds like brett, so unassuming. kind of a smooth talker, but not pushy - that's probably why he gets deals like that! b/c he's smart and people like him cuz he's nice. way to go brett, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Brett. Always on the look out. Careful with those premiere movie channels after midnight. We had that and will tell you there is a little too much Tareenza Jiggle in the Jungle for our taste. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot my favorite Brett on the look out story... Brett threw a party for John's wedding I believe at his parent's house and invited a bunch of guys. There was like 15 guys there. He bought 5 $5 pizzas from Little Caesars and asked if everyone wouldn't mind chipping in. I started noticing everyone handing him $5 bills. I quickly did that math in my head and figured that Brett MADE $50 by buying everyone pizza. It was genius. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...that's hilarious! What a deal though, that's a good quality to have in a husband ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember if I've said hi before, but this is krissi tutt. I just have to say that your med student post was hillarious and I can very much relate! Do you guys match this year? What is Brett going into? Enjoy 4th year because residency is...well, hard. email me and I'll add you to my bloggeroo. - krissi

    ReplyDelete
  7. and that email address would be krissimae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Rach! i love your posts- i've missed you! haha Anyways, kinda random question. Is Brett going to MidWestern for medical school? My brother Brian just got accepted to their pharmacy program, and he's getting married in May, and so he's been looking at apartments and such out there. Just wondering if you have any advice or tips or anything! thanks! melanielayman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel. I tried to contact you on facebook but couldn't find you. I lost your number and wanted to meet up at convention. I hope I will see ya sat. I have gone all the days but not seen you. P.S. did you happen to go to Prevention screeings this morning. I missed bc I wasn't feeling good but was wondering how it was? Hope all is well and I hope we can meet up. 480 335 9043

    ReplyDelete