Sunday, September 19, 2010

Changes

And so it begins.

Last Sunday, in preparation for our new arrival, I was released from Primary where I've taught the Sunbeam class for the last THREE years.  I've been in Primary so long I actually had no clue where our Gospel Doctrine class is taught and mistakenly ended up in the new member and investigator Gospel Principles class for Sunday School.  Oh well! When I went to say goodbye to my class, they asked why I wasn't going to be their teacher anymore.  I explained I had to start taking care of my own baby now.  They didn't seem too thrilled.  Oh how I love those kids!  Teaching the Sunbeams has been one of the funnest callings I've ever had.  Challenging and exhausting at times? Yes.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've learned so much more from these children and their pure sweet testimonies than they could have possibly learned from me.  I really will miss it. So now I transition to Gospel Doctrine and Relief Society, where it's fun to socialize with adults again, but where it seems unbearably quiet and where we don't ever get to sing "Popcorn Popping."

My Three Sunbeam Classes (missing several absent kids)
2008
2009
2010

Another change: Friday was my last day of work, and it could not have come soon enough!  My initial plan was to work up until the baby was born, but as my due date got closer, and my nerves grew more shot I realized a change of plans was in order.  I decided to set my final day as the 17th, giving me two weeks before my induction date to prepare, relax, and recharge.  I'm now wishing I gave myself even more time because I still have so much to do in such little time.  As of now, I don't have any set plans for if/when I'll be going back to work.  My plans are to "wait and see."  I will definitely not be going back full time, but if I feel a day away would be a good thing I might consider going back 1 or 2 days a week.  Only time will tell.  For now I am concentrating on all the other changes and adjustments that are headed my way with the arrival of our little boy.  Can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I'm so sad that you were released but it was well deserved!! You were such an amazing teacher to all those adorable little sunbeams, including mine. Davis LOVED you so much as his teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I can't tell you how much you will be missed in primary!! As a teacher, you were LOVED, as a Leader, you one of a kind!! Enjoy these next few days baby free...as you will NEVER have them again :D!!

    ReplyDelete