Thursday, September 30, 2010

In LOVE

I know, with a title like that, this should probably be a post about how much in love I am with my new son. But, since he's still not here, I will instead tell you how much IN LOVE I am with his crib bedding!  Materialistic, probably, but justifiable, MOST DEFINITELY!!  After months of unsuccessful searching for nursery bedding I liked, my dear mother agreed to sew it for me.  We spent hours at the fabric store debating between different styles, colors, and designs, and ultimately decided on a select few.  Then, after countless hours (I am sure) of figuring out measurements and patterns (all without ever having a crib to test it on!), my uber-talented mother created this...
Yes, she made the bumper, the skirt, and the sheets!  I cannot even SAY how much I love it!  It is JUST my style and fits the crib perfectly! THANK YOU MOM SO MUCH!!  It is PERFECT!!

P.S. Stay tuned.  Eventually, some day, the rest of his room will be finished as well, and I will post some more pics.  Till then.

10 comments:

  1. aren't talented family members great!!! all my boys rooms were hand sewed too!! custom done I'd like to say :D...the best, made my love, not a store!! enjoy, it's beautiful!!! and i'm sure he will look great in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bedding is beautiful! I love it! The brick wall looks good as well. I can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your mom is SO talented!!! The crib looks amazing, can't wait to see it with your little guy snuggled in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! She did an amazing job! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! What a wonderful, talented mother you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crib! I love Heather Bailey stuff so much too. Can't wait to see the lil' guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-mazing!! She's got skills! That crib is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out so cute!! Good job Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, you crack me up. I definitely thought I was going to see pics of baby boy. However, you are definitely justified in loving that adorable crib set. Best of luck in the next week or whenever he decides to make his debut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why did I never know that Allison was sooooo extremely talented. Hidden talents? Lovely, simply lovely. Good luck to you guys.

    ReplyDelete