Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Husband's Having an Affair

Yes, it's true. Brett is cheating on me. I guess this affair has been going on for two years now, but he used to balance the two relationships so well (usually, MUCH more in my favor!). This other relationship used to only take a few hours a week, but in the last few months it has become so much more demanding. Brett informed me a few days ago that he won't be sleeping with me for the next few weeks, and when I left the house this morning he said he won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. WHAT?! He's having sleepovers now?! I don't think I can handle this much longer! To the Offender: Won't you please leave us alone and let us go back to the way things used to be. At least a few months ago we could PRETEND you didn't exist. Medical school, I HATE YOU!

(Note: Brett is currently holed up at Maricopa County Hospital for his OBGYN rotation. He is working the night shift (from 6pm to 8am) for the next two weeks, so our schedules are completely opposite. Or, who knows? There might really be some sexy supermodel chick named Maricopa that has caught his eye. Hmmm...I think I need to look into this...)

6 comments:

  1. Yes I feel for you! Right now Brian is on a 7 to 7 schedule which really means with driving he doesn't get home until 7:30 and then when he is on call he has to do night shifts also. He is also so stressed he studies all the time. Lizzie cried today when he left it was so sad. I am a little tired of this also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean was totally with Good Sam.(Who ever she is?!?) :) But now I have seen him a lot more. I hear Maricopa OBGYN is horrible. I am so sorry. We need to have you guys over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lame! I am so sorry. My husband is dealing with the crazy market right now. So I don't see him all day either! I hate it too! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure you are the only supermodel in his life. Your POST was LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Am I a horrible wife if I love busy rotations? I love being alone and then I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when Kevin comes home. So, I guess it's a good thing I married a doctor, because I crave schedules like this! Call me crazy.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. jeff just finished internal med at the VA and he is so glad it's over!! i'm sorry, hang in there! your post made me laugh so hard by the way! and cute pictures from the water park! :) i want copies.

    ReplyDelete