Thursday, October 16, 2008

27 Reasons for 27 Years

Happy Birthday to my cutest hubby Brett! Today he turns 27 years old! To celebrate, I thought I would share 27 reasons why I am completely and utterly in love with him.

1. He will (almost) always watch a chick flick with me, and (usually) actually enjoy it.
2. When he raises his eyebrows he gets a series of forehead wrinkles that is to die for.
3. He is very even tempered and is not easily upset.
4. Periodically, after I have a long day of work, he will break out the massage table and lotion and offer me a full body massage.
5. He loves sweets ALMOST as much as me. My perfect partner in crime for midnight deserts.
6. He has a very strong testimony of the gospel and of his Savior Jesus Christ. I know he is able to use his Priesthood Power if I ever need it.
7. He doesn't study! I know this should be on my negative list, but when I heard of friends who were at the library until midnight every night, it made me grateful he was always home even before I got home from work. It made me even more grateful that he would also spend the rest of the night hanging out with me. Studying is overrated. :)
8. He has a never ending desire to satisfy me or make me happy.
9. When I fall asleep on the sofa, he carries me to bed instead of waking me up.
10. He absolutely adores kids. Kids absolutely adore him. His family calls him the "Pied Piper." He'll make the best father ever.
11. His football touchdown dance leaves much to be desired. :)
12. He has perpetually sweaty hands. Most people would never want to touch, let alone relish in, sweaty hands, but I think the sweat just helps make his hands more consistently soft and moisturized. Perfect for me to rub my dry and cracked hands on. :)
13. His smile is infectious. No matter how upset I am, it always makes me smile!
14. He is always warm. I think his internal temp. must be a standard 101 degrees. This helps reduce my seemingly eternal goosebumps and numb extremities.
15. He LOVES to snuggle me. How many boys actually LIKE to snuggle? Mine does!
16. He always takes care of Kenzie's "dingle berries" (poop that gets stuck in the hair around her bum.) Gross, huh?!
17. He's promised me someday he'll get me the baby white tiger I've been wanting for so long. :)
18. We both want and love everything to be clean and organized, but we both somehow end up being messy and disorganized most of the time.
19. He lets me kiss his eyelids, even though he thinks it's weird.
20. He is just as competitive and clever when it comes to games as I am. Games are ruthless in our house!
21.He is allergic to shellfish and doesn't like fish. Hooray! My mom always told me it didn't matter that I didn't like seafood, because someday I would have a husband for whom I would have to cook shrimp, tuna, salmon, or crab. I guess not.
22. His drumming skills on Rock Band are downright exceptional. Who needs a celebrity rock star, when I have my own at home?
23. He helps me make decisions....and helps me realize that most decisions I make are not life and death, and don't really matter.
24. He has gone to the store, by himself, to get me tampons. He even brought back the right kind!
25. He always gives me a bite of whatever he's eating because he knows eventually I'll ask.
26. He's got brains. He doesn't like to admit it, but he is one of the smartest people I know. Really helps with that no studying thing!
AND...
27. He loves me for me, despite all my faults and shortcomings.

Brett, I love you so much and am so blessed to have such an amazing husband. Happy birthday!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Brett!! You guys need to come visit us in Utah. Even if it has already snowed once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Happy birthday to your cutest hubby. Kevin would die if I did this! But I really loved learning a bit about Brett that I didn't already know. You guys are so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Brett! I like the list but #8 was a little too much for me. I don't think we need to know about that one. Just kidding! (I have a million jokes running through my head right now but none that are really appropriate for your blog. I was Brett's roommate for WAY too long.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-day Brett! You have such a sweet and thoughtful wife. Oh, and john needs to tell Jess that its terb...bret backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, My name is Carrie Christensen...and I was one of Brett's nannies when he was growing up. He gave me your blog address, so I hope you don't mind me commenting on here. The Blasers were such good friends...and I love them so much. It's so good to see how Brett has grown up. He was always such a sweet boy....and such a cute kid. You can tell by how you write about him how much you love him. You are so beautiful...and you and Brett make such a cute couple. How fun that you guys get to live in Arizona.... I would love that. I'm so proud of Brett becoming a doctor, although I'm not at all surprised. He was always such an amazing person. Well, I'm sorry I've written so much. I was thrilled to hear from Brett....and I loved looking at your cute blog. My family has one, too....but it's private. I would love to send you an invite, but I don't have your email address. If you or Brett will email me @ carrieLchristensen@msn.com then I will send you one. It's such a fun way to keep in touch. Thanks for sharing yours with me!! Take care!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Tell Brett THANKS A LOT for giving me the credit for teaching him the art of prank calling. :o) I was totally laughing....but so embarrassed 'cause I had just given MY son the talk about how the phone "is not a toy"....and all that stuff. I had to come clean.... Funny stuff. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, the mosaic was made using Picasa, a free picture editing program that you can download. I messed around with it for hours on Sunday... all too fun. I can't wait for SYTYCD! No fair waiting so long!

    ReplyDelete