Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our Family Is Growing!

Before you jump to conclusions, no I'm not pregnant (although I can probably name a few people who would be thrilled at that news). Brett finally convinced me we need another dog! Yes, you heard that right. For about two years now, we've been talking about getting another little pooch to keep Kenzie occupied while we're gone during the day, but I havn't been too keen on the idea of having another animal to feed, take care of, and share my love with. Brett has continually assured me that Kenzie would be happier if she had a friend her own species, so I finally consented. We both agreed we did not want the hassel of a puppy (chewing, potty training, etc.), so we started looking for an adult dog. I searched the paper for a while, but surprise!, no one wants to give away their pet. Then my mom gave me the idea of checking the local pound and rescue programs. She recently brought a chihuaha home from the pound, and he turned out to be the sweetest, funnest dog ever. So, after a month or two of searching the pound weekly, we finally found our man. It was a little tricky becuase we wanted a dog about Kenzie's size (4 lbs.) that doesn't shed, so that didn't leave us many options. But yes, we found him. Our new addition is a little Yorkshire Terrier named Tucker. He's more solid than Kenzie (about 7 lbs.), but they look close to the same size. We brought him home from the pound about two weeks ago, but I wanted to postpone this post until I could take some pictures of him. It is the pound's mandate that all animals be spayed/nuetered before they are released into a home, so we were not able to give him a bath for 10 days after to keep his wound dry. Yuck! I couldn't wait for that 10 days to be up! He has since been bathed, groomed, and is now a pretty handsome little dude. He and Kenzie are working on getting to know each other, and they seem to be becoming better friends by the day. Here's to our new dog!


Isn't he adorable?!


The first night we brought him home, with his cone on. He was not a very happy camper.

Kenzie and Tucker together in our backyard

10 comments:

  1. he is so cute!! how fun for kenzie to have a friend! can't wait to meet the little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new addition, I can't believe you guys didn't say anything when we saw you. He is so cute, I am way jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's good to see you have a blog. I love it and love your wedding dress (same as mine but you look way better in it! :) ) Email me for an invite to our blog. hollymlang@yahoo.com My camera is the Nikon D80 and by the way, those pictures are actually horrible. Cute people, dumb photographer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cute! I want a dog...but we'll have to wait until we're homeowners like you...there's no way I'm paying a pet deposit & pet rent!! Are you going to Aunt Ruth's B-day party? Reagan & I are going to be there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that little Tucker dog. We missed our wkly get together this wk! We've been soooo busy.... sorry! Can't wait for the SYTYCD concert!!!! Where should we meet to drive down together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is a cutie! He and Kenzie should have lots of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thays the kind of dog i want! they are adorable (and don't shed...and are hypoallergenic)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new dog. He is adorable. Brady looks at your pictures and says "There is Woof, Woof" I think we might need to get a dog sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay I don't even like dogs and he is so dang cute! we miss you guys. my tummy is starting to grow again. its finally becoming real.

    ReplyDelete
  10. not fair, that is the cutest dog ever! chase and i are looking into getting a dog as well! however we need the $ before we do so! i love the dog, you better bring tucker home when you come!

    ReplyDelete